You should care about ChatGPT because it will have profound implications for the way we deliver services.
ChatGPT is an example of a Large Language Model (LLM) with generative capabilities. This means that you can ask it a question and it will generate a customized answer.
- To learn more, check out ChatGPT: Impressions and Implications for Technical Support and Customer Success where we introduce ChatGPT and offer thoughts about how Service teams can use it.
- To dive deeper, participate in our Workshop: The Evolution of Self-Service – From Search to ChatGPT. We’ll take you and your team on the journey from search to ChatGPT to help you understand how to share knowledge, automate services, and build effective self-help services.
- To gain a good overview, watch our on-demand webinar done with our friends at Coveo: Scaling Customer Service in the Era of ChatGPT.
What problems can it solve?
LLMs and generative AI can change the way you deliver service. The key to success is finding the right use cases. Here are our suggestions to solve pressing service challenges.
- Let’s start with Generative AI Applications for Customer Support.
- To improve self-help applications, consider The Pros and Cons of Large Language Models vs Searchable Knowledge Bases.
- When self-service does not perform as well as you want, we call this a “deflection gap.” Learn why next generation tools hold tremendous promise for Closing the Deflection Gap.
- To be effective with self-service you need a good way to measure performance and impact. Check out How to Define and Measure Self-Service Deflection Rates.
When can I use this Next-Gen technology?
ChatGPT is very cool, but not a silver bullet that can be dropped into your enterprise technology stack overnight. You can start planning now, but don’t expect to be delivering ChatGPT-like experiences to your customers anytime soon.
- Start by reading our suggested approach: ChatGPT is Cool – Now, Let’s Make a Plan to Put It to Work.
- Powerful new technologies require new skills to design and implement new service systems. Be prepared to invest in the skills and resources required for the future. Consider The Effort Required to Build and Train a Large Language Model.
Where do I start?
One of the most compelling use cases for ChatGPT-like technologies is enhanced self-service and expanded digital customer engagement for Support and Customer Success activities.
Step 1: Find out where your self-services stand.
Use our Self-Service benchmarking and assessment tool to see how your current capabilities compare to industry best practices. It takes about 5 minutes.
Step 2: Review your current capabilities to identify strengths and discover opportunities for improvement.
Step 3: Make a plan that focuses on the initiatives that will achieve results.
What if I need help?
We offer tools and resources to help you and your team get started, but you don’t need to take this journey alone.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Through our process we’ll guide you on your journey to more efficient and effective service delivery.
Drop us a note to learn more.