The relationship between Support’s efforts and business outcomes is connected by the Support Contribution Value Chain.
The Support Contribution Value Chain
The Support Contribution Value Chain establishes a direct link between the level of effort Support expends helping customers and the benefits the business realizes.
There are four elements of the Support Contribution Value Chain.
- Support Effort – The time and effort allocated by your Support team to help customers.
- Support Impact – Support resolves problems, removes barriers to product use, and provides “how-to” instructions.
- Customer Value Realization – With Support’s help, customers are better able to achieve their goals using your products.
- Business Value Realization – Your company reaches its business goals by helping customers succeed.
Key Principles of the Support Contribution Value Chain
- Companies achieve business objectives when customers attain outcomes using their products.
- Customers realize value when Support helps them overcome issues and use products effectively.
- Support efforts deliver the impacts customers need to achieve their goals.
Support Optimization Leads to Better Business Outcomes
Measuring the Contributions of Support
We have created the Support Contribution Index to quantify the value of Support by connecting the level of Support effort to tangible business outcomes.
Support’s efforts do not single handedly account for all customer benefits – many other customer facing teams contribute. The primary objective of the Support Contribution Index is to account for contributions made by Support teams.
How The Support Contribution Index Works
- Define outcomes that matter to your business.
- Understand what customers expect from your business.
- Establish how Support’s efforts meet customer expectations and deliver value.
- Establish the level of Support effort.
- Connect Support impact to customer and business value.
The Need for the Support Contribution Index
The industry has adopted an institutionalized belief that volume of transactions, speed of closure, and satisfaction are the extent of Support’s contributions to the business.
This is not enough.
The Support Contribution Index provides Support leaders a reliable way to connect the effort of Support teams to the value they deliver to the business.
If you are ready to quantify the value of your Support teams’ contributions, we are ready to show you how. Contact us today.