Fundamental changes to Support are taking hold – Market leaders recognize the strategic importance of Support in helping customers realize value by removing obstacles to adoption and by sharing insights to improve products and strengthen customer relationships.
As companies strive to embrace the future role of Support, their primary challenge will be to divest from low value activities and focus on efficient problem resolution, issue prevention, and more effective self-help and automation.
Companies that view Support as a tactical necessity and cost will continue their race to the bottom of customer satisfaction and declining revenue retention.
Here are six key findings from our recent study:
- Demand is rising, resourcing levels are not keeping pace.
- Demand prevention is highly effective, but more is needed.
- Proactive engagement is taking a bite out of reactive support.
- Customers have embraced digital channels.
- Knowledge sharing and automation must improve to scale Support delivery.
- The strategic impact of Support is not fully realized.