The industry-wide transition to subscription demands a new approach to service portfolio design. The result is a shift from service portfolios designed for post-sales issue resolution to a expanded role encompassing services to help customers apply and succeed with products.
Companies engaged in service portfolio transformation and modernization will be positioned for growth of recurring revenue while those trailing in the market will struggle to maximize revenue potential. It’s time to modernize your service portfolio.
Consider the the follow Service Portfolio Design Market Trends
- Entitlements once considered premium services are now included with subscriptions.
- The reactive characteristics of service portfolios (service level response) are supplemented with proactive, success-focused engagement activities.
- Support and maintenance programs are increasingly offering success management resources and activities (included or as add-ons) to assist customers with onboarding, adoption and attainment of outcomes.
- New portfolio structures offer greater flexibility with access to catalogs of outcome-based services.
- Service portfolios are designed to encourage service consumption.
- Pricing and payment terms enable spending allocation to meet customers’ changing needs.