Seven Strategies to Prevent Support Cases
Identifying and alleviating performance and usability issues can go a long way toward preventing Support cases. That reduces Support demand and enables your teams to focus on higher-value initiatives.
Support must take the lead in identifying product-related root causes of support demand and aggressively advocate for mitigation of these circumstances. Support must also work with Engineering groups to improve product supportability, advocate for fixes to performance issues, and work to identify and address issues related to product usability.
To help lessen Support demand, leverage these 7 strategies for issue prevention:
- Establish a well-defined escalation path from Support to Product Engineering.
- Integrate Support case-tracking and Product Engineering bug-tracking systems for seamless integration and ongoing progress tracking of reported issues.
- Establish service level agreements to define the type and frequency of action for Support and Product Engineering cooperation.
- Provide performance and security updates and patches on a regular schedule to address top issues.
- Automate update and patch management – make it frictionless for customers to access and apply updates.
- Use remote system monitoring and alerting to provide early warning of potential issues before they become critical.
- Improve the supportability of systems and products with the goal of increasing the rate that products can self-heal.
Learn more about Prevention Metrics that gauge the impact of issue prevention initiatives – Download the ServiceXRG whitepaper:
Four Imperatives for Scaling Support.
How successful are your efforts to scale Support?
We’re here to help you do better.
Reach out anytime to get answers and insights about proven, measurable ways for your Support function to run at greater scale. Use the chat button at bottom right, send an e-mail, or click on my calendar to schedule a specific time to talk.
Support demand is on the rise. What’s your response plan?
Download the ServiceXRG Whitepaper:
Four Imperatives for Scaling Support
Download Four Imperatives for Scaling Support and discover:
- The most effective approaches to scaling support — proven in high-volume support organizations.
- The 4 top strategies to scale support and reduce demand.
- The best practices that make these strategies effective.
- The metrics that enable precise tracking of your efforts to scale support.
The future success of Customer Support relies on the ability of Support to scale to meet growing demand and fulfill an expanded, success-focused mission. Learn about proven initiatives for scaling Support delivery capabilities.
Automation plays an increasingly important role in support case deflection and management activities. Leverage these 5 service automation strategies to free up your skilled support staff for higher value activities:
Many new support cases can be avoided if customers are able to access the knowledge and expertise of Support. Leverage these 9 best practices to help customers help themselves with success.
The use of Self-Service deflection as a basis to justify investments in Self-Service fosters an expectation that it is only capable of reducing costs. This article explains why Self-Service is vital to a successful service strategy and delivers benefits well-beyond cost reduction.
This article introduces seven critical steps for successful service delivery automation and examines the intricacies and challenges associated with automating service processes.
Company executives understand that selling services alongside core product offerings leads to greater alignment and customer value, while subsequently decreasing the likelihood of customer churn and loss of recurring revenue. Well-defined services and the means to sell them are imperative. so why is selling services so difficult? This article introduces 10 ways to help Sales teams sell services.