Customers do not typically like to call for technical assistance, but when they do they are most often satisfied with the results of the service they receive. Overall 70.5% of cases are resolved to the satisfaction of customers regardless of time to close. To maximize customer satisfaction with case resolution you must provide a satisfactory answer that solves the customer issues and do so within a reasonable amount of time. Learn what it takes to drive customer satisfaction and increase NPS.
Access to great data is just the first step in achieving your service objectives. We can help you apply data and research to define and achieve tangible service outcomes. Leverage our decades of service industry experiences and expertise to achieve the right results faster.
Accelerate Service Excellence
Strategy | Best Practices | Research | Expertise
Contact us for more information about how we can help you achieve your service objectives.
This research report introduces the impact quality of answer and time to resolution have on customer satisfaction. Research highlights include:
- The majority of cases are resolved to the satisfaction of customers.
- As time to resolve increases the level of dissatisfaction rises.
- Positive satisfaction can be sustained as resolution times increase provided that customers are kept up to date and feel that progress is being made towards resolution.
- Dissatisfaction is more closely associated with the effectiveness of an answer provided by Support.
- As the effectiveness of an answer declines the level of dissatisfaction with the support case grows.
- The biggest satisfaction gaps are most often caused by improperly setting and managing expectations or ineffective solutions provided.
- Customer satisfaction is maximized when expectations for time to resolve cases are set and then met and the solution provided completely solves a customer issue.