Well-defined support portfolios with up-to-date and customer-driven service entitlements can significantly increase your ability to sell and renew support contracts. The result of optimized support sales performance is an increase in revenue. While support marketing and sales practices are also important, it is the core set of offerings that provide the foundation from which support sales success is achieved. Modernization of support portfolios and adoption of industry best practices is the key ingredient for higher support revenues.
Market leading support programs outperform typical support offerings with average rates of attach and renewal at 95% and 94% respectively. Market leading support portfolios are well structured to offer differentiated service rights, entitlements, and resources to deliver maximum customer benefit. Leading portfolios outperform typical industry average offerings with attach rates 19% higher and renewal rates 14% higher. Leading portfolios dramatically outperform lagging portfolios.
This playbook will help you achieve the following goals:
- Understand the characteristics that define world-class support portfolios.
- Compare your current offerings to world-class portfolio standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of your portfolio.
This Report Includes:
- Focus on customer success.
- Develop Support packages with the services customers want.
- Define a compelling support value proposition.
- Why Better Offerings result in Higher Revenue
- How to Modernize Support Programs
- Support Program Problem Identification
- Support Program Assessment
- Support Program Optimization
- Characteristics of World Class Support Portfolios
- World Class Support Portfolios Best Practices
- Support Portfolio Elements
- Defining Service Focus
- Support Packaging
- Support Deliverables
- Engagement Methods
- Target Audience Identification
- Extent of Offerings
- Blended Elements
- Service Outcomes
- Identify the Right Pricing Approach
- The Path to Market Leading Service Portfolios