CX Implications for the Digital Transformation of Support
With the increased reliance and expanded use of web self-service and automation customer experiences are increasingly shaped digitally.
Imperatives to Sustain CX through Support Digital Transformation
The ability to influence customer behaviors and maintain mindshare in a crowded digital world requires a commitment to providing the right tools and content. To sustain and enhance customer experiences as support interactions shift to digital methods, consider the following:
- Today’s workforce is “digitally aware”– The population has shifted to a digitally aware workforce. When customers need assistance, they reach for the phone – not to make a call, but to search for an answer – be prepared to respond digitally.
- Digital access to support resources is expanding – Customers can get access to useful information through mobile apps, on the web and embedded within product interfaces – make access to support seamless and digital.
- Customer experiences and perceptions are influenced by digital experiences – As more customer interactions shift to digital interactions, a company’s opportunity to influence customer perceptions about its brand, its products and its services increasingly occurs without direct human interactions – Carefully craft your digital message.
- Customers have purpose, but need help attaining their goals – Customers know what they want to accomplish, but they do not always know how to achieve their desired outcome. A positive digital experience occurs when self-help and automated tools provide the guidance and resources to help customers achieve their goals – make digital support experiences welcoming and intuitive.
- Personal interaction is replaced by digital interaction – As self-service and automated transactions replace personal interaction, the burden for the quality of the customer experience shifts to digital tools and content. Lack of good content or hard-to-find resources quickly undermine the opportunity to offer a positive digital experience – Make sure that the support tools and content can deliver an experience comparable to an assisted human interaction.
- Many sources of content compete for customer mindshare – When customers and prospects cannot find what they are looking for on-line, there’s a good chance they will look for it elsewhere. If a company can’t satisfy its customers a competitor may get the opportunity to do so – Provide, timely accurate and compelling content through digital channels.
- Customer success and fulfillment of the customer experience requires a commitment to offer good content and the means to help customers find it – Content is king; it is the main reasons customers go on-line for technical support, product research, and shopping. Today, many customers report that the content they need does not exist, or if they do find it, the quality is less than they expect – Offer quality content and tools to support customers’ information needs throughout the product lifecycle including Sales – Onboarding – Adoption – Achievement of Success – Renewal – Expansion.
The digital transformation of support is defined by an increased use of digital technologies to improve and extend core support processes and enable new service capabilities. Self-help tools and content provided through the web are fundamental to support’s successful digital transformation. This Playbook outlines the five elements of well-designed support web sites.
Log-in to get your copy.
Company executives understand that selling services alongside core product offerings leads to greater alignment and customer value, while subsequently decreasing the likelihood of customer churn and loss of recurring revenue. Well-defined services and the means to sell them are imperative. so why is selling services so difficult? This article introduces 10 ways to help Sales teams sell services.
Our research has revealed that nearly a third (32%) of Support demand stems from questions related to either installation, configuration, or setup. This understanding gives companies an immense opportunity to reduce this demand—and we see two major keys to ongoing Support issue prevention.
The future success of Customer Support relies on the ability of Support to scale to meet growing demand and fulfill an expanded, success-focused mission. Learn about five proven initiatives for scaling Support delivery capabilities.
Incomplete case records diminish Support’s ability to identify root causes of support demand and plan mitigation efforts such as enhanced self-help, product improvements, and training. This article describes how poor support case closure practices lead to missed opportunities.
Scaling Support Delivery requires the digital transformation of support and an increased use of digital technologies to improve and extend core support processes and enable new service capabilities. Digital transformation includes human-assisted, self-assisted and fully automated support transactions. This article defines and introduces key characteristics of the digital transformation to scale support delivery.
The digital transformation of support is defined by an increased use of digital technologies to improve and extend core support processes and enable new service capabilities. Digital transformation includes human-assisted, self-assisted and fully automated support transactions. This article defines and introduces key characteristics of the digital transformation of support.