Changes to product licensing – perpetual to subscription – will change the services and benefits customers need and expect from you. Make sure that your value proposition is up to date and relevant to the way you license products and deliver services.
From Product to Subscription-Centric Value
The benefits promised from post-sales services need to reflect the needs and expectations of customers. Support and post-sales service benefits can be so much more than commitments to keep technology up to date or the speed that issues will be responded to. Customers need and expect that your products will positively impact their business.
Consider how the elements of your service value proposition must change as you switch from product-centric perpetual licensing to subscription services.
- Make sure that your value proposition is aligned with the way that you license products and deliver services.
- Structure your value proposition to convey how your services will help customers use your products (onboarding and adoption) and apply them effectively (success services) to yield tangible business outcomes.
- Evaluate your current service offers and consider what if any new services are required to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Train and enable sales channels (direct and partners) to articulate your services value proposition.
- Reinforce service value throughout the customer relationship – not just prior to renewal.