As you think of all the wonderful ways you can improve your customers’ experience start by contacting your own company for support.
It should be a simple process and one that many of your customers experience. Hopefully you will find that connecting to your support team by phone, chat, support portal, or other available channels is a simple and streamlined process that is enjoyable (or at least tolerable).
You may be surprised how bad some experiences are – still to this day! Hopefully you find that reaching your support team is not one of worst.
Here are a few things to consider when trying to contact Support:
- Can you find the phone number? Can you get through?
- Can you find the Customer Portal?
- Are the prompts clear, do you known which option to choose?
- Do you use an intelligent agent (or bot) that tries to help – is it helpful?
- Once you get through the prompts and bots, how long did you have to wait?
- While waiting, did you get updates about how long you may have to wait (customers like this).
- If contacting by phone – Did you hear music? Good music? Was it clear or garbled, too soft, or too loud?
- Did you get connected or cut off?
- Did you have to repeat what your issue is multiple times to multiple people?
So, how did you do?
Any one of these elements is enough to negatively affect a customer’s experience. Connecting with your Support team by phone, chat, customer portal, or other channels should be simple, quick, and tolerable. Try contacting your Support team – A few minor adjustments can have a big impact.